- If you will be flying to Cherokee, NC, Asheville Regional Airport (AVL - 1 hr. drive) is the closest and most direct major airport, but you might also want to check flights into Asheville, NC Knoxville, TN (TYS - 1.5 hr. drive). Search flights quickly and easily on Google Flights.
- Find a rental car and search other transportation options at HIPMUNK, or one of our favorite sites that checks all airlines, KIWI.
- There's lots to see and do. Check out all your options at TripAdvisor.
GENERAL REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Attendance is limited at each training event, so please register early. You will receive written confirmation of your registration. If you have not received confirmation at least 7 days prior to the event, please contact Sequoyah Fund's office at 828-359-5003.
Please note: Your seat at any event is reserved only when Sequoyah Fund has received payment. If payment has not been received by the Friday prior to any event, Sequoyah Fund reserves the right to release your seat.
Sequoyah Fund does not arrange for individual hotel accommodations. However, information about hotel accommodations will be sent to each registrant with the notification that his or her registration has been accepted. We do work with hotels at or near each event to secure the lowest possible group rate. You will be provided the group rate registration code where applicable.
Preliminary Course Materials
If precourse materials are required (rare), they will be emailed to you. Otherwise, all course materials will be provided to you on the first day of training.
- Full refunds will be available on all cancellations received by mail (address below), by email (at email@example.com), or by fax (828-359-5007) up to 15 working days prior to the start of the event.
- Registrants who cancel 6-14 working days prior to the event are subject to a service fee equal to 50% of the registration fee.
- Registrants who cancel five or fewer working days prior to the event forfeit the entire fee.
- Registrants failing to attend the event (no-shows) forfeit the entire fee.
- Substitutions from the same institution may be made at any time prior to the beginning of the event.
- In the event a course is cancelled by Sequoyah Fund, registrants receive a full refund for registration fees. However, Sequoyah Fund does not assume responsibility for any other expense, including the purchase of airline tickets or hotel cancelation fees, incurred by the registrant in connection with attending the event.
- Please note: A mailed, faxed, or emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org) cancellation notice is required to process all refunds.
Registrants may transfer one time to a new date for the same course. If the registrant cannot make the second date, the entire registration fee will be forfeited.
Tax Deduction of Expenses
You may qualify for an income tax deduction for a portion of your expenses (including registration fees, travel, meals, and lodging) if this training is undertaken to maintain and improve professional skills. (See IRS Code Sec. 274 and 67, or speak with your tax adviser.)